The Giants released a fun video of the two coaches.
Hello and happy Saturday.
If you read these threads every day, then you’re probably aware of a fun YouTube series the San Francisco Giants have put out called “Catchin’ Up,” because I’ve posted a few of the videos. It’s a simple but entertaining idea: video of a Giants player playing catch while answering questions.
One question that was posed to all of the Giants who appeared in the segment was about who would win in a foot race, manager Gabe Kapler or bench coach Kai Correa. Which leads to the latest “Catchin’ Up” video, where Kapler and Correa play catch with each other, while trying to guess which players voted for which coach.
It’s pretty entertaining, and they do remarkably well with some well-reasoned guesses.
Now I have a hankering for catch. Anyone have a mitt and a free day?
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The Padres want to bring back Bruce Bochy (Sept. 21, 2019 — Bryan Murphy)
- Roger Munter with 5 questions for the Giants hitters ahead of the Minor League season (There R Giants)
- Maria Guardado on the special relationship between Camilo Doval and the scout that signed him (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley with former GM Bobby Evans’ thoughts on drafting and signing the Giants top prospects (Mercury News)
- Andrew Baggarly on Evan Longoria rediscovering his prime at age 35 (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on the Giants key to their first place push (Mercury News)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Padres tonight at 5:40 p.m.
I hope your weekend is off to a fantastic start.