Photo by Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images
A great move by a the Giants young utility player.
Hello and happy Saturday. I hope it’s a peaceful and happy day for you.
Hurricane Eta has paved a disruptive path, and as of Friday about 150 people were either confirmed dead or missing in Guatemala, which is near Dubón’s home country of Honduras. So Dubón set up a fundraiser, and quickly started raising money for those who need it.
Anything helps. Please my people needs help https://t.co/HKWejXQKPT
— Mauricio Dubon (@Mauriciodubon10) November 6, 2020
There’s a link in Dubón’s tweet, or you can find the fundraiser here. If you’ve got a few dollars you can chip in to those who need it, this is a tremendous cause.
Dubón has quickly become a fan favorite on the Giants. This is just one of the many reasons why.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Every Giants walk-off against the Dodgers since moving to San Francisco (April 23, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter looks at the prospects just outside of the Giants top 50 (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee tackles the question of whether the Giants should consider trading for Francisco Lindor (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Henry Schulman on Tim Flannery being released from the hospital (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado predicts the 2021 Opening Day roster (MLB)
- Bill Plunkett on MLB not punishing the Dodgers or Justin Turner (Mercury News)
- Dalton Johnson on rival executives expecting the Giants to spend big in free agency (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Brian Murphy wonders if the Yankees are actually interested in trading for Brandon Crawford (KNBR)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 145 days until Opening Day.
Have a tremendous Saturday.