Top prospects Marco Luciano and Heliot Ramos will be headed to Scottsdale.
Hello and happy Sunday. And happy Valentine’s Day!
On Friday, the San Francisco Giants released their list of non-roster invitees for Major League Spring Training, which is about to get underway.
The Giants are inviting 13 non-roster players to Scottsdale: five pitchers (all right-handed), two catchers, three outfielders, and three infielders.
Here they are, with their ranking in our ongoing Community Prospect List, when applicable, in parenthesis.
Tristan Beck (13)
Sean Hjelle (11)
Kai-Wei Teng (18)
Patrick Bailey (8)
Ricardo Genoves (29)
Hunter Bishop (4)
Heliot Ramos (3)
Marco Luciano (1)
Will Wilson (10)
Logan Wyatt (19)
McCarthy, who made the Opening Day roster last year, made his MLB debut, when hitless in 10 appearances, was designated for assignment, and was then outrighted, is the only player of the 13 with any MLB experience.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Wait, wait, wait, can the Giants really trade for Carlos Gonzalez? (Dec. 10, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- Kerry Crowley on the ways that Gabe Kapler’s second camp with the Giants will look different than his first (Mercury News)
- John Shea on how California’s historic Minor League teams are losing their names (SF Chronicle)
- Jessica Kleinschmidt on how Luis Alexander Basabe remains an asset after being outrighted to AAA Sacramento (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on why Giants fans should expect more than the projections suggest in 2021 (Mercury News)
- Jim Bowden picks National League rookies who are most likely to make their teams out of Spring Training (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Mark W. Sanchez on the Giants interesting center field options (KNBR)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 46 days until Opening Day.
Have a glorious Sunday and a nice Valentine’s Day.