Sadly, neither Lou Seal nor Joe Montana are playing in this one.
Hello and happy Sunday. Happy Super Bowl Sunday, that is.
You still have to wait nearly two months to see the San Francisco Giants play a game, but today you can at least watch one of the biggest spectacles in all of sports. Or, as the occasion is for many of us, you can at least spend your Sunday eating a wide variety of delicious fried foods and making questionable decisions regarding alcohol consumption.
So drop your Super Bowl predictions in the comments. Who wins, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, or the Kansas City Chiefs? Who is MVP? Does Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes throw for more yards? Who will have the best commercial? Who will have the worst commercial? Will The Weeknd have a wardrobe malfunction? How many wings can you eat while maintaining consciousness?
Also, programming note: There will be a gamethread, in case y’all want to have a designated place to talk about the game.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
My 12 favorite Hunter Pence photos of the year (Dec. 21, 2012 — Grant Brisbee)
- Susan Slusser on how ping-pong is one of LaMonte Wade Jr.’s many skills (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on the best Giants who are Bay Area locals (MLB)
- John Shea on Barry Bonds’ contributions at the San Francisco Food Bank (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on what the Trevor Bauer signing means for the Giants (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how the Giants spring training PA announcer will not return after targeted harassment towards an Arizona senator (KNBR)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 53 days until Opening Day. Or at least that’s the plan.
Have a wonderful, wonderful day. Enjoy the Super Bowl. Or not.