Complete with splash hits.
Hello and happy Thursday.
I would like to show you something very enjoyable. A day after San Francisco Giants shortstop Brandon Crawford hit a splash hit into the bay, his wife, Jalynne, posted pictures of a San Francisco-themed fish tank that the family has at their home. It features a miniature Golden Gate Bridge (thanks for specifying that it’s not a full-size Golden Gate Bridge, Brady, that was really helpful to clear up any ambiguity), as well as baseballs for every homer that Crawford has put in McCovey Cove.
Here is our fish tank I was referring to!@bcraw35 has splash hit 64, 66, and now… 87? ⚾️ My dad helped us design the tank after San Francisco! Can you find all of the special pieces in the tank? Thank you AZ Fish Guy for building our dream tank! pic.twitter.com/q9TZ9VloJy
— Jalynne Crawford (@JalynneC35) April 28, 2021
This is a shirt that you should buy
Buster Posey has been vintage Buster Posey lately, so here is a beautiful shirt that will make you think of both Posey and Duane Kuiper. We love those dudes.
You can buy it here.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Revisiting the strange history of Santiago Casilla as a hitter (Aug. 14, 2019 — Casey Cantrell)
- Roger Munter has 5 questions for the Giants Minor League pitchers ahead of the season start (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how the Giants are becoming a win-now team, which could impact development for young players (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on the time Mike Tauchman intercepted Jimmy Garoppolo (SF Chronicle)
- Tony Wolfe on how the Giants starting rotation has been one of the most unlikely successes in baseball (Fangraphs)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants offense is being carried by Evan Longoria and Buster Posey, who haven’t hit like this in years (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on why Mike Tauchman fits with the Giants (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants have a day off today. Enjoy the NFL Draft and the Warriors game. Or don’t.
Either way, have a lovely Thursday.