It will likely feature Buster Posey, and that’s a glorious thing.
Hello and happy Thursday. May it be more normal and functional than Wednesday was.
If things go according to plan, the San Francisco Giants will open the season against the Seattle Mariners on April 1, which is less than three months away. At this point we know most of who will be on the roster for the Giants, though some things will change.
But what will the Opening Day lineup look like? Drop a prediction in the comments, and if you end up being correct you’ll receive a $2 gift certificate to the McCovey Chronicles Gift Shop (valid only with a purchase of $500).
Keep in mind that the game is in Seattle, so there will be a designated hitter, and they’ll likely be facing lefty Marco Gonzales.
- Mike Yastrzemski — RF
- Buster Posey — C
- Brandon Belt — 1B
- Wilmer Flores — DH
- Austin Slater — LF
- Donovan Solano — 2B
- Evan Longoria — 3B
- Brandon Crawford — SS
- Mauricio Dubón — CF
SP — Kevin Gausman
Old, random MCC article for you to read
SF Giants Minor Lines 8/2/19: Jaylin Davis’ perfect debut (Aug. 3, 2019 — Roger)
- Roger Munter on the start of 2021 and hopes for the new year (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee takes a stab at the 26-man roster for 2021 (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how Curt Casali is still shocked that the Orioles gave up on Mike Yastrzemski (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Barry Bonds is still facing an uphill battle in his quest to get into the Hall of Fame (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Ken Rosenthal updates the trade market, with a few notes on the Giants (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Jeff Young on if the Giants will meet Tomoyuki Sugano’s price (Around the Foghorn)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 84 days until Opening Day.
Have a marvelous Thursday.