What a fun thing to happen.
Hello and happy Thursday.
It also gave the Giants 11 home runs on the year (all but two of which have been of the solo variety). Here’s how many homers the Giants have hit after five games in the past five years:
Trending in the right direction!
20 runs on 11 home runs however … not ideal. But easier to fix the “get on base before the home runs” problem than a “hit a home run, please” problem.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
I watched Eduardo Nuñez play a game in left field so you don’t have to (Dec. 28, 2016 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter looks at the Minor League depth chart for right-handed relievers (There R Giants)
- Kerry Crowley on two Giants pitchers with similar comeback stories (Mercury News)
- Andrew Baggarly on Aaron Sanchez’s strong first step with the Giants (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Podcast: Marc Delucchi and Therese Viñal assess the Giants roster (Around the Foghorn)
- Dieter Kurtenbach on what we learned about the rotation after the first starts (Mercury News)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants do not play today. They’ll be back in action on Friday afternoon.
Have a lovely, lovely Thursday.