Photo by Daniel Kucin Jr./Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
According to Henry Schulman, the Giants could lose both Augusta and Richmond.
Hello and happy Tuesday.
On Monday, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reported some pretty unfortunate news. The San Francisco Giants might be losing both of their east coast Minor League affiliates.
We’ve known for a while that Minor League realignment was coming, and that it would result in the very disappointing loss of about 40 teams. And according to Schulman, the Giants low-A affiliate, the Augusta GreenJackets will almost certainly be lost. Their AA affiliate, the Richmond Flying Squirrels, are less of a sure thing, but are also in threat.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Every Opening Day lineup in San Francisco Giants history (March 31, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter ranks the Giants prospects, numbers 41-50 (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on some Minor League free agents that the Giants should consider signing (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Andrew Baggarly on his time with Alex Trebek, and being on Jeopardy! while covering the Giants (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado answers mailbox questions, including what the Giants biggest move of the offseason will be (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic finds six free agents for the Giants bullpen (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Dieter Kurtenbach on why the Giants shouldn’t trade for Francisco Lindor (Mercury News)
- David Schoenfield predicts free agent signings for all 30 teams (ESPN)
- Alex Pavlovic on former Giant Dereck Rodriguez signing with the Rockies (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 142 days until Opening Day.
Have a wonderful Tuesday, friends.