Suárez will be joining the LG Twins.
Hello and happy Tuesday.
On Monday, after much speculation, the San Francisco Giants sold the contract of left-handed starting pitcher Andrew Suárez to the LG Twins of the KBO. The move opened up a spot on the 40-man roster for catcher Curt Casali, who signed a one-year deal with the club.
Andrew Suárez had his contract sold to the LG Twins of the KBO, making room for Casali on the roster.
— Melissa Lockard (@melissalockard) January 4, 2021
Suárez was a second-round pick in 2015, and made his MLB debut in 2018. In three years at the MLB level he had a 4.66 ERA, a 4.60 FIP, and 65 walks to 160 strikeouts in 202.2 innings. He had options remaining, but it was abundantly clear that the Giants current regime wasn’t very high on him.
Best of luck in the KBO, Andrew.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Madison Bumgarner throws dominant one-hitter, Giants win (Aug. 26, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Grant Brisbee on why it wouldn’t be shocking if the Giants decided to trade Joey Bart (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado on the best Giants seasons at every position (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley has five things for fans to know about Tomoyuki Sugano (Mercury News)
- Andrew Baggarly on why the Giants are in a good financial position to weather the storm of a recession and loss of baseball revenue (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado on why Tomoyuki Sugano is a good fit for the Giants (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on why it’s been a busy offseason for the Giants, even if it feels quiet (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 86 days until Opening Day.
Have a wonderful Tuesday, all of you.