Following in the footsteps of Dodger Stadium and Petco Park, the Giants home could house vaccine distribution.
Hello and happy Tuesday.
NEW: CA will be opening mass vaccination sites this week including Dodgers Stadium, Padres Stadium, and CalExpo.
Our goal continues to be fast, equitable, and safe vaccinations statewide.
— Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom) January 11, 2021
We should note that Gavin Newsom managed to get the names of both stadiums wrong. Impressive. Naturally, this brought up a discussion as to whether the San Francisco Giants home, Oracle Park, would be used in the same fashion. According to Kerry Crowley of the Bay Area News Group, the organization is in conversations about how to help.
Additionally, a #SFGiants spokesperson passed along the following statement on making Oracle Park available as a COVID-19 vaccination site.
“We are in conversations with health care providers and our intent is to make the ballpark facilities available in whatever way is needed.” https://t.co/1qTitRH6OV
— Kerry Crowley (@KO_Crowley) January 11, 2021
Oracle Park doesn’t have the massive open parking lot that the other parks do, so it’s unclear what role they’d best be suited for. But they still have a lot to offer in terms of large, outdoor space.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Tim Lincecum is apparently throwing well, so let’s have a conversation (Feb. 19, 2016 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter looks at the best international signing classes of all time, and tries to figure out how high the 2018 Giants could get on that list (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how the Giants should try to trade for Andrew Benintendi, if the Red Sox make him available (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado looks at the five best games by Giants hitters (MLB)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how Anthony DeSclafani thinks the Giants are “doing something right” (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on the common ground shared by Buster Posey and Curt Casali (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Daniel Brown on Bruce Bochy’s memories of Tommy Lasorda (The Athletic, subscription required)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 79 days until Opening Day.
Have a fabulous Tuesday, friends. Stay safe out there.