Presented by a great Giants fan.
Hello and happy Wednesday.
On Tuesday night, during the San Francisco Giants 7-5 extra innings loss to the Colorado Rockies, a stellar Giants fan in McCovey Cove taught us something meaningful. We here at McCovey Cove Chronicles appreciate all things McCovey Cove, and all of life’s many lessons so … here’s a lesson in how not to chase a floating baseball when in a kayak.
The fan in the boat was really struggling to pick up Belt’s home run ball pic.twitter.com/AE8F2Wu0Gn
— SF Giants on NBCS (@NBCSGiants) April 28, 2021
I haven’t been in a kayak in a decade, and I’ve never chased baseballs in one and yet … this video is so very relatable. Dude is so close and oh no went right past it again.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Giants reportedly have six-year deal with Johnny Cueto (Dec. 14, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- Grant Brisbee looks at the Giants offense through 6 stats (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on what the performances by Logan Webb and Aaron Sanchez tell us about Gabe Kapler (Mercury News)
- Bruce Jenkins on how the Giants and A’s haven’t delivered the grim year of Bay Area baseball that many expected (SF Chronicle)
- Andrew Baggarly on why the Giants see Mike Tauchman as a perfect fit (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how the Giants have had their eyes on Mike Tauchman for a while (KNBR)
- Wrenzie Regodon looks at the debuts of Camilo Doval and Gregory Santos (Around the Foghorn)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Rockies tonight at 6:45 p.m. PT.
I hope you all enjoy your Wednesday.