The latest on Buster Posey, Brandon Belt, and more Giants.
Hello and happy Wednesday.
The San Francisco Giants continue to be rather banged up, which means it’s a good time to look at some injury updates. The organization sent out a list of updates on Tuesday afternoon which, honestly, mostly just serves as a reminder of how many players are hurt.
Sammy Long is getting an MRI and Jaylin Davis has a Grade 1 strain, which is certainly better than Grade 2 or 3. pic.twitter.com/N3VnzPjElm
— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) July 6, 2021
Well that’s quite a bit. There’s still really no clarity on Buster Posey’s thumb contusion, so hopefully we learn more about that today or tomorrow. Brandon Belt already hitting and throwing seems like a good thing, and I hope no one ever asks me to throw a baseball 110 feet as part of rehab because I’m not sure I could do it.
It’s great that Jaylin Davis’ hamstring strain is merely Grade 1, but still feel sorry for the guy.
And most importantly, I’m glad that Mike Tauchman is feeling good. Good for him.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Rich Aurilia talks to Renel about his All-Star season and more (July 9, 2019 — Bryan Murphy)
- Roger Munter reviews Week 9 on the Giants farm (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on why the City Connect jerseys are not good (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on how Gabe Kapler is drawing a comparison between Biggie, Jay-Z, and the Giants (Mercury News)
- Andrew Baggarly on how outfield prospect Luis Matos is opening eyes (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Gabe Kapler is happy with the offense, despite the losing skid (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Peter Hartlaub on how the Giants City Connect jerseys are bad, but not the worst they’ve had (SF Chronicle)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Cardinals tonight at 6:45 p.m. PT
Have a great Wednesday, one and all.