San Francisco Giants baseball is almost back.
Hello and happy Wednesday.
The next time I say those four words, pitchers and catchers will be reporting for the San Francisco Giants.
That’s really exciting. Also a little bit terrifying.
It seems like just yesterday that the 2020 season was wrapping up, and yet it also feels like at least one decade ago, and maybe two. Time is weird in 2021, as it was in 2020.
Anyway, pitchers and catchers report in a week. Feel as positively or negatively about that as you will.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Ben Revere hit a home run, so let’s watch Emmanuel Burriss’s only home run (May 28, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Andrew Baggarly on how Gabe Kapler and a unique co-director are seeking change (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on five prospects to watch, and other key points about the upcoming year (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on why the Giants believe that the best is yet to come for Tommy La Stella (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- John Shea on why the lack of expanded playoffs and likely lack of DH are bad for the Giants (SF Chronicle)
- Katie Woo on why Mike Krukow things Trevor Bauer will be a great villain for the Giants (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Andrew Baggarly on Jake McGee, and how the Giants bullpen is full of one-trick ponies (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Alex Pavlovic on why the Giants won’t have a lot of infield drama in 2021 (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 50 days until Opening Day. 50. 5-0. Five zero. Fifty. Wowzers.
Have a great Wednesday, friends.