The infielder can’t return from the Injured List until July 2.
Hello and happy Wednesday.
Programming note: No recap today.
On Tuesday, the San Francisco Giants announced that Tommy La Stella was healthy enough to begin his rehab appearances. As such, he started at designated hitter for Tuesday’s AAA game between the Sacramento River Cats and Salt Lake Bees, and went 0-3 with a strikeout.
La Stella, who was placed on the 60-day Injured List with a hamstring strain, isn’t eligible to come off the IL until July 2, when the Giants will be playing their second of four games against the Arizona Diamondbacks in Phoenix. So he’ll have lots and lots of time to get up to speed with Sacramento before he is reinstated.
The lefty infielder hasn’t played since May 2, and while he got off to a slow start to the season, the Giants would definitely be happy to add a quality left-handed bat that can handle second and third base.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Joe Buck is a pretty good announcer (Feb. 4, 2016 — Doug Bruzzone)
- Roger Munter reviews Week 7 on the Giants farm (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee explains why the Giants made the unpopular move and optioned LaMonte Wade Jr. (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on what future demotions could be in the plans as more Giants get healthy (SF Chronicle)
- Daniel Guerrero on how the Giants see big things ahead for reliever John Brebbia (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on how Kevin Gausman is impressed by Shohei Ohtani and his uniqueness (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Anthony DeSclafani became the first Giant to be checked by umps under the new sticky stuff rule (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Los Angeles Angels today at 1:07 p.m. PT.
Have a wonderful Wednesday, all of you cool people.