Just as we all expected.
It was far and away the most likely scenario that the Dubs would end up with the No. 14 pick. Golden State had a whopping 97.6% chance of having the pick land at No. 14, with the other 2.4% chance spread out over the first four picks.
Given the success that Golden State has had over the last few years, it’s safe to say that the NBA world would have exploded had the Warriors beaten the odds and earned one of the top picks — especially if it was the top overall pick, and a shot at Cade Cunningham. That would have been fun, wouldn’t it have been?
Instead, they’ll be the final pick in the lottery, but that pick has resulted in some quality players over the years, including Miami Heat All-Star Bam Adebayo in 2017, and Denver Nuggets blossoming star Michael Porter Jr. in 2018.
With the Warriors not moving up in the draft, it marks the 17th consecutive lottery that Golden State has participated in where they’ve either moved down or stayed in place.
SB Nation’s Ricky O’Donnell has the Warriors selecting Australian guard Josh Giddey with the No. 14 pick in his mock draft.