Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
Women’s Basketball begins conference play today.
- Remember the Redbox Bowl? That was pretty great.
Earning that eighth win in the Redbox Bowl! pic.twitter.com/EckMTs5Mi7
— Cal Football (@CalFootball) December 31, 2019
- Here are all the best quotes from the press conference.
“In the first half, our offense was really moving the ball well. They had maybe one stop or two. Defensively, we weren’t doing a great job in the run game. The first half ended quickly. The offense had a great drive at the end of the first half to score and then we gave up a field goal right before the half which was frustrating.
”But in the second half, I felt our defense made some key stops in key moments and our offense put together some drives. That changed the complexion of the game because now they were playing from behind and throwing the ball maybe more than they wanted to. Early in the game they were controlling the clock and moving the ball efficiently.”
“It’s a big, big win for our program for a lot of reasons,” Wilcox said. “We have high expectations for ourselves moving forward. If you’re not trying to win every game, what are you doing here? We can talk about it, but what it takes is a lot of hard work and investment by the people in the program.”
- A career day and a Redbox Bowl record for Christopher Brown Jr. plus other postgame notes.
- The final “Novel” of the season by Nam is out. It asks, among other things, whether Cal can play for the North next season.
- Relive the 2019 season with a Top 10 list! Lorenzo J. Reyna compiled the top ten plays of 2019.
- Shailin Singh has a really good recap of the 2019 and all of its highs and lows.
- Published just after last week’s Golden Nuggets, before the game, but can we celebrate Cam Goode being healthy the entire season?
- There is a preview for the Pac-12 Women’s Basketball season written by my buddy Steve Kroner. Worth a read although Stanford gets more mentions than Cal in the article. It is going to be a very competitive season. Beat UW!