The NFL also plans to put more emphasis on taunting
It’s been a busy day in the NFL world, as is the case every day. The league announced the 2021 schedule would be released on May 12. Only the NFL would make an announcement for an announcement. I don’t think we have to spend any more time on that.
The NFL announced some rule changes and points of emphasis moving forward on Wednesday. We can expect more taunting penalties this season. The Chairman of the NFL Competition Committee, Rich McKay, said the league had become “too lax in taunting,” and the refs will be told taunting is a point of emphasis for them. McKay added, “face to face, the pointing of fingers, the standing over players on the ground” will be penalized.
There are a billion other parts of the game that can be fixed. Taunting is at the bottom of the totem pole. Let the players have fun. Make the game enjoyable. It’s a violent sport, and they should be allowed to celebrate.
- The competition committee amended Rule 16, which eliminated overtime in the preseason
- Rule 6, Section 1, Article 3 has been amended for one year to establish a maximum number of players in the setup zone
- Rule 15, Section 3, Article 9, and rule 19, Section 2, via the competition committee, coaches subcommittee, and the Ravens, have permitted the replay official and designated members of the officiating department to provide certain objective information to the on-field officials
- The Bears suggestion was approved to amend Rule 11, Section 3, Article 3 to ensure enforcement of all accepted penalties committed by either team during successive extra point attempts
- The Chiefs suggestion to amend Rule 5, Section 1, Article 2 to expand jersey number options for certain positions was amended
Per NFL rules, if a player wants to change his number this season, he would have to buy out the existing inventory of jersey distributors.
If he wants to give notice now to change his number next season, there would be no requirement to buy out inventory.
Deebo Samuel is already thinking about changing his number: