One of the greatest draft picks in Raiders history
Tim Brown is one of the greatest players in Raiders history. We was selected by the team with the sixth overall pick in the 1988 NFL Draft.
After becoming the first wide receiver to ever win the Heisman Trophy, Brown went on to have a Hall-of-Fame career with the Raiders. During his 16 years with the organization, he caught 1,070 passes for 14,737 yards and 99 touchdowns.
With yesterday being the anniversary of Brown being drafted by the Raiders, Brown sat down and took a trip down memory lane, sharing memories of his experience getting drafted by the Raiders.
“It was the best thing that happened to me.”
— Las Vegas Raiders (@Raiders) April 24, 2021
Here all the records that Brown set during his NFL career.
- NFL rookie-season record for most combined yards gained, with 2,317 (1988).
- NFL record 10 consecutive seasons with at least 75 receptions
- NFL record for consecutive seasons with at least 5 touchdowns receptions (11) – shared with Marvin Harrison, Don Hutson, Cris Carter, Terrell Owens, Frank Gore and Jerry Rice
- NFL record for being the oldest player ever to score a touchdown on special teams – (35 years, 140 days) 85-yard punt return
- NFL record for most consecutive games with two receptions (147 games, 1993–2002)
- NFL record for being the oldest player with 12+ receptions in a single game – (36 years, 97 days): 10/27/02 @ KC Chiefs, 13 receptions, 144 receiving yards
- NFL record for consecutive starts by a wide receiver: 176
- Only player to have 1,600 receiving yards against four different teams (Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Seahawks)
Holds the following team records with the Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders:
- Touchdowns (104)
- Receiving (14,734 yards, 1,070 receptions, 99 touchdowns)
- Punt return (3,272 punt-return yards, 320 punt returns, 3 punt returns for touchdowns)
- All-purpose yards (19,431)
- Yards from scrimmage (14,924)
- NFL expert evaluates Kenyan Drake signing for Raiders
- What is the best-case scenario for the Raiders at pick No. 48?
- Derek Carr being traded to the Bears? Check out this crazy trade scenario
- Could the Raiders select linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah?
- Raiders welcome nine high school football teams to play at Allegiant Stadium