Who is going to play opposite of Trayvon Mullen?
There will be a lot of storylines surrounding the Raiders over the next few weeks. One of the biggest will be the cornerback battle, more specifically for the No. 2 job.
When ranking the biggest battles and spots up for grab, Bleacher Report said that the Raiders’ fight for the No. 2 cornerback spot will be the top headline. Battling for a spot to play opposite of Trayvon Mullen will be Casey Hayward Jr. and 2020 first round pick Damon Arnette.
“Well, after watching minicamp practices Tuesday and Wednesday and talking to people in the building, Arnette has become almost an after-thought. The Raiders signed veteran Casey Hayward in May and all but handed him Arnette’s starting job opposite Trayvon Mullen.”
Although he’s entering year two in the league, Arnette is already looking like a bust of a pick. Sure he can break out this season, but there doesn’t appear to be a lot of confidence surrounding him with the team.
As of now you’d think the edge will go to the veteran Hayward, who recently spent time with the Chargers.
- What did Derek Carr have to say about the Aaron Rogers rumors? Austin Boyd of Heavy.com gives us an answer.
- Brent Sobleski of Bleacher Report says that Jon Gruden’s Fate with Raiders Should Lie with Vegas’ Year 2 WRs
- Brad Weiss of Just Blog Baby gives us three offensive gambles that must pay off in 2021
- ICYMI: Levi Edwards of Raiders.com talks about whether or not Charles Woodson will go into the HOF as a member of the Raiders
- NFL 100: At No. 97, Jim Otto led the Raiders with his sweat, tears and a lot of blood