Click here if you’re unable to view the photo gallery on your mobile device.
Despite Antonio Brown’s wishes, the free-agent Pro Bowl receiver will not be rejoining the Patriots, who reportedly have no interest in bringing back the troubled short-time Raider.
League sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter the Patriots still will not consider a reunion with Brown, who played one game with New England this season before being released when reports surfaced of his alleged sexual misconduct against his former trainer.
There had been rumblings that a Brown-Patriots tandem might be a possibility considering New England’s struggling wide receiver corps as well as Brown’s social media posts where he said he missed Tom Brady and also apologized to the team. Brady even liked Brown’s Instagram post Thursday showing the two of them together.
— Mark Daniels (@MarkDanielsPJ) December 5, 2019
“New England hasn’t considered bringing him back since deciding to move on from him during the season, as much as the offense could use him,” wrote Schefter.
Although the Patriots don’t seem to be an option for Brown, his agent Drew Rosenhaus claims there are teams who will be more than willing to sign the 31-year-old once the NFL concludes its investigation into accusations by two different women of sexual misconduct and sexual assault by him.
Of course, the NFL is also likely to place Brown on the Commissioner’s Exempt List and he could be facing suspension, depending on results of the investigation.
Brown’s troubles this season began not long after he joined the Raiders in training camp. He burned his feet in a cryogenic therapy accident, then sat out team activities while feuding with the NFL over his helmet, before finally being released — as requested — after a confrontation with Raiders general manager Mike Mayock.