Pass rusher was a solid bargain for Las Vegas
NFL Media had a fun exercise this week as their analysts made the ultimate 53-man roster while using the league’s salary-cap guidelines and current player contracts.
All players were eligible and, and I must say, the end result is a monster team. It is a nice lesson that the salary cap doesn’t always have to be a hinderance.
This squad boast the likes of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, New Orleans Saints Alvin Kamara, superstar tight ends Travis Kelce (Kansas City) and George Kittle (San Francisco 49ers), left tackle Trent Williams (San Francisco), defensive lineman Aaron Donald (Los Angeles Rams), Chris Jones (Kansas City) and Myles Garrett (Cleveland Browns), linebacker Darius Leonard (Indianapolis Colts) and cornerback Jalen Ramsey (Rams).
Not too shabby.
The team also features Las Vegas Raiders’ third-year defensive end Maxx Crosby. The rules were that the team must have 12 players who were drafted in the 4th to 7th rounds, and who are on their first contract. Crosby was taken in the fourth round in 2019. He has 17 combined sacks in his first two seasons, and a cap number of just over $1 million this season. Overall, he is a great bargain for the Raiders.
Center Rodney Hudson, who was just traded to the Arizona Cardinals, is also on NFL Media’s dream team.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Riddick sticks up for Carr: ESPN analyst Louis Riddick doesn’t think Derek Carr is the problem in Las Vegas.
- Carr talks: Carr had a one-on-one with our guy Vinny Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review Journal.
- Nice grab: Raiders’ second-round pick, safety Tre’von Moehrig, shows off his ball skills at minicamp.
- Vegas love: Yannick Ngakoue helped the Las Vegas Golden Knights win a playoff game Monday night.
- Renovation at Allegiant Stadium: The luxury box for Raiders’ owner Mark Davis is getting spruced up for the first season that the owner will actually attend games at Allegiant Stadium.
- Warner on Carr: Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner had some interesting thoughts on Carr.