The Giants added a 27-year old LHP on a Minor League contract.
Hello and happy Friday.
Remember Thursday? That sure was fun.
Speaking of fun, the San Francisco Giants did something they do a lot of on Thursday. No, not win, though that definitely applies here. The Giants signed a player. Specifically, the Giants signed left-handed pitcher Jake Dahlberg to a Minor League contract.
#SFGiants have signed LHP Jake Dahlberg to a minor league contract.
— MiLB-Transactions (@tombaseball29) July 22, 2021
Dahlberg is 27, and has yet to make his MLB debut. The Giants signed him from the Chicago Dogs, a team in the MLB-partnered American Association of Professional Baseball. The 2017 21st-round pick had a 3.05 ERA and 0.984 WHIP with the Dogs, with 76 strikeouts to 11 walks in 62 innings.
Welcome to the organization, Dahlberg. Beat LA.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Farhan Zaidi is doing what he did with the Dodgers, kind of (July 29, 2019 — Doug Bruzzone)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks all things Giants prospects with Melissa Lockard of The Athletic (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on why Starling Marte should be the top target for the Giants as they approach the trade deadline (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado on how Thairo Estrada is making the most of his second opportunity (MLB)
- Susan Slusser on how Max Muncy planned the birth of his child around the Giants series (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants are considering playing Buster Posey more (Mercury News)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Pittsburgh Pirates tonight at 6:45 p.m. PT.
Have a lovely Thursday, all of you.