The outfielder will head to AAA Sacramento this weekend.
Hello and happy Saturday.
The San Francisco Giants released some more injury updates on Friday. Most of note is that Jaylin Davis will start his rehab assignment this weekend with AAA Sacramento. Brandon Belt will also start to run the bases this weekend, while Evan Longoria has started to take swings.
Belt set to run bases this weekend. Longo took full speed ground balls and is taking swings. Other injury updates ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/1bkmn1JQeV
— Amy Gutierrez (@amygmultimedia) July 24, 2021
Reinforcements are on the way.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
A simple request of the Giants’ marketing department (Jan. 14, 2013 — Grant Brisbee)
- Maria Guardado and Justice delos Santos on Will and David Bednar reuniting at Oracle Park (MLB)
- Joe Posnanski tries to figure out how the Giants are doing this (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Dieter Kurtenbach on how it’s time for people to show respect to the Giants (Mercery News)
- Alex Pavlovic on what the Giants should address at the trade deadline (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- John Shea looks for perfect trade deadline acquisitions for the top NL West teams (SF Chronicle)
- Tim Kawakami predicts no big moves at the deadline for the Giants (The Athletic, subscription required)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Pittsburgh Pirates tonight at 6:05 p.m. PT.
Have a great Saturday, all of you.