Reinforcements could be arriving soon.
Hello and happy Wednesday.
Tuesday’s walk-off loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers might have made for a very crummy day for San Francisco Giants fans, but it wasn’t all bad news on the day. There was something to smile about, as the team announced that right-handed pitcher Reyes Moronta would begin his rehab assignment on Thursday.
Reyes Moronta will start a rehab assignment on Thursday.
— Kerry Crowley (@KO_Crowley) July 20, 2021
Moronta looked like the potential closer of the future before suffering a gruesome arm injury towards the end of the 2019 season. He didn’t play at all in 2020 as he rehabbed the injury, and returned this year for just four innings before hitting the Injured List again.
Here’s hoping Moronta can stay healthy. If Tuesday’s game is any indication, the Giants sure could use him.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Picking the all-Giants team from the last 25 years (Jan. 30, 2017 — Grant Brisbee)
- Podcast: Roger Munter did a Giants prospect draft with Kevin Cunningham, Marc Delucchi, Brian Recca, and Wrenzie Regodon (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee takes a look at some starting pitcher rentals the Giants could target (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on how the Giants are getting the most bang for the buck out of the bullpen (SF Chronicle)
- Marc Delucchi goes in-depth on Giants pitching prospect R.J. Dabovich (Around the Foghorn)
- Kerry Crowley on how Thairo Estrada is used to the big stage, and feels no pressure in this rivalry (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on why Tyler Rogers views his Tuesday performance as an outlier (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Dodgers tonight at 7:10 p.m. PT. Beat LA.
Have a great Wednesday, all of you.